Terms and conditions
- Transfers (if required): Flight number, date and time of arrival must be advised to the Irish College of English as soon as possible to enable us to arrange your collection at the airport. Where flights are delayed/cancelled, the college should be informed immediately to allow us to reschedule transfers, where we are unable to reschedule transfers due to lack of notice, students will be required to arrange and pay for taxi transport to their host family.
- We advise all clients to take out full Personal & Medical Insurance including baggage cover prior to arrival as I.C.E. accepts no responsibility in the event of illness, theft, accident, damages or loss of personal effects. All clients from E.U. countries should bring a European Health Insurance Card. Non EU students must take out private medical insurance. Students/Parents are responsible for all medical & related costs incurred during their stay.
- We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays i.e. accommodation etc.
- ICE reserves the right to expel students who do not abide by our school policies or who part take in any activities that ICE deems unacceptable. In this situation, parents/students are responsible for arranging accommodation / rescheduling flight home etc. No refunds will be given.
- Registration will be confirmed for each student only upon receipt of completed registration forms and full payment of fees.
- Where damage/theft of property of the host family or to any other property is caused by a student, this student (where the student is a minor, the student's parents) will be responsible for the cost of any such damage and payment should be immediate, where credit card details are in our system, this payment method will be used.
- ICE reserves the right to cancel arrangements if the booking conditions are not met. ICE reserves the right to cancel programmes that are not filled.
- ICE must be advised of any health problems or specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- There is no refund for a cancellation made within 21 days of the commencement of the course or if a student fails to complete the programme.
- Deposits are non refundable in all circumstances.
- Partial Refunds will be made where notice is given more than 21 days prior to arrival. This partial refund is as follows - deposits are non refundable, the remaining tuition fees will be refunded. Where host family accommodation has been booked, an additional 100 euro will not be refunded in order to compensate families.
- There is no refund for students who change from Intensive to other courses of lesser hours.
- There is no refund for fees of days missed during the course, for late arrival or early departure or for public holidays.
International Youth Summer School Rules
- A good level of general behaviour and manners is required in school, with the host family and at all other times.
- Serious breaches of school policies/regulations as deemed by the college will result in a student being sent home. In these circumstances no refunds will be given and students/parents are responsible for all related costs. Examples of such behaviour are: stealing or vandalizing property, abusive/threatening behaviour to others, possession of drugs or alcohol.
- All students are responsible for any medical bills or damage caused. ICE accepts no responsibility for medical costs incurred or costs of damages caused by students. All students must organise medical insurance in their own country before travelling to Ireland.
- Students must be home at 22.00. If a student is delayed, they must call their host family to notify them. Arriving home late is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. If a student is late more than twice, they may be expelled and sent home.
- When going out in the evenings and at weekends, students must tell their host family where they are going and with whom.
- Sunday is a free day, students may spend it with their host families or with friends, we would advise students not to go into the city centre on their free day and to stay within the locality. Parents should instruct students as to their limitations during free time (Evenings , Sundays) where they are not attending ICE organised activities.
- Hitch-hiking is forbidden.
- Students should not carry large sums of money or valuables with them in the school or during their activities.
- Students are not allowed attend discos in Dublin or any such events not organised by ICE.
- It is mandatory that students attend all organised activities, missing activities without prior consent is against our school rules.
Arrival and transfer
- Airport transfers can be arranged for arrival and departure at a total cost of € 70. This is included in the IYSS programme fees.
- It is the responsibility of the student/parent to ensure all flight information provided to ICE is accurate and in writing.
- ICE provides an airport collection/drop off service only. For students under 16 whose parents / airline requires them to be signed in and brought as far as airport security an additional 20 euro fee applies.
- Individual students are met at the airport by their host family or an ICE representative who will have a sign with the Irish College of English printed on it. Parents/Students will be provided with a contact no. of the person collecting them and also a school emergency no. to facilitate the transfer. Parents/Students should ensure ICE has a mobile contact no. for all students.
- The student will be met at the Meeting Point in the Arrivals Area in the airport.
- The student will then be brought directly to their host family home.
- Where flights are delayed/cancelled, the college should be informed immediately to allow us to reschedule transfers, where we are unable to reschedule transfers due to lack of notice, students will be required to arrange and pay for taxi transport to their host family.
- Return flights – Students will be dropped off at the Airport at least 2 hours prior to their flight time as provided on their booking form. ICE accepts no responsibility where a student misses a flight.
Please note: We email all parents on the Monday before your child's arrival with additional airport transfer information.
- Please note, students generally share a room with another language student.
- Host family accommodation is within walking distance of the school unless otherwise stated.
- You will receive a copy of our host family charter once your booking is complete. Please request a copy of this should you for any reason not receive one by email.
The first day at school
Students are free to start their classes any day of the week. In some cases, host families will be in a position to bring students to school on the first day, if this is not possible students will make their own way (host families will help with directions) to school for 8.30am on their first day. From 8.30-9.00am we welcome new students and give them placement tests to assess their level.
Ireland's weather can be varied, even in the summer and there are often showers (light rain). We advise students to bring mostly summer clothing, but also a few jumpers, a rain jacket and an umbrella.
All students are given a written test on their first day to determine their level of English. The test consists of 25 multiple choice questions. Students are then placed in a class at the appropriate level.
Dublin airport is served by all major airlines. Useful flight information can be found on www.aerlingus.com, www.ryanair.com and www.dublinairport.ie
Students from EU countries do not require a visa to enter Ireland. Students from non-EU countries need a student visa and should contact an Irish embassy in their country to check visa requirements before travelling. ICE can assist with visa applications, please contact us for details.
Medical and Travel Insurance
All students must organise medical insurance in their own country before travelling to Ireland. We also recommend students to take out travel insurance in case of accident or loss of luggage. Students from EU countries should bring their relevant Social Security Form. This will not cover dental treatment or elective procedures.